This 12 Day Best of Uganda Safari shall give you the best experience of Uganda’s remarkable wildlife diversity ranging from the big five to plenty of wildlife that is perfectly distributed across various protected areas within the country. Uganda is gifted by a range of habitats and ecosystems, all of which act as home to a plethora of wildlife species. These species are a representative paradigm of the biodiversity of the country that is punctuated by an estimated 18,783 species of fauna and flora. The country is home to over 5,000 bird species, which is 50% of Africa’s bird richness. With a diversity of ecosystems, the country hosts over 600 fish species, 345 mammals, 1091 plant species, 7 of Africa’s 18 plant kingdoms, 20 primate species (with the highest concentration of Mountain gorillas and chimpanzees) as well as lower animals, reptiles, amphibians etc. This makes it a tourist destination of unmatchable splendor, encompassing the snow-capped Rwenzori Mountains, wide savannahs, crater lakes, volcanoes, dense rainforests, RAMSAR sites, long rivers (like the Nile), and the immense Lake Victoria. The biodiversity of Uganda can thus be fully appreciated when one chooses to view things through the lenses of Sir Winston Churchill who christened the land as the pearl of Africa!
This 12 Day Best of Uganda Safari shall therefore reward you with a variety of forms as you come closer to wildlife and nature. The safari takes you through some of Uganda’s National Parks, starting from Murchison falls National Park, Kibale National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to Lake Mburo National Park. The safari is designed to factor in a combination of different nature experiences that range from game viewing, bird watching, chimp trekking, boat cruising to the most outstanding activity of legendary Africa: Gorilla trekking. The thought of viewing animals within their habitats while having a boat cruise treat on the Nile river is one of the realities you will encounter in Murchison falls National park. The sight of mountain gorillas as they feed and play is humbling as well as the activities of the tree-climbing lions. You will have game drives, cultural experiences as well as trekking experiences as the biggest highlight.
This 12 Day Best of Uganda Safari shall treat you to amazing scenery and diverse landscapes, the best weather, and some of the most friendly people.
We give you a range of accommodations to choose from, ranging from budget, moderate to luxury.
- Day 1: Transfer from Entebbe to Murchison Falls National Park with a Stopover at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino Tracking on Foot, Optional Stopover at the Top of the Falls
- Day 2: Morning Game Drive through the Park in the Morning, Boat Cruise on River Nile to the Top of the Falls & Hike to the Top of the Falls
- Day 3: Transfer from Murchison Falls National Park to Kibale Forest National Park
- Day 4: Chimpanzee Tracking at Kibale Forest National Park in the Morning & Nature Walk through Bigodi Wetlands in the Afternoon
- Day 5: Transfer from Kibale Forest National Park to Queen Elizabeth National Park in the Morning & Game Drive in the Evening
- Day 6: Morning Game Drive through Kasenyi Savannah Plains, Boat Safari on Kazinga Channel & Crater Drive in the Evening
- Day 7: Transfer from the North of Queen Elizabeth National Park to Ishasha Sector in the South: Home of Tree-Climbing Lions & Game Drive in the Afternoon
- Day 8: Transfer from Queen Elizabeth National Park to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & Rest of the Day at Leisure
- Day 9: Gorilla Tracking at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Rest of the Day at Leisure
- Day 10 Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi – 2nd deepest Lake in Africa
- Day 11: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park and have an evening game drive
- Day 12: Game Walk through the Park & Transfer from Lake Mburo National Park to Kampala