This 7 Day Safari tour covers western Uganda, the most scenic region of the country that also possesses plenty of unique wildlife including the endangered Mountain Gorillas. The region lies within the Albertine Rift valley that is remarkable for her sprawling lush highlands, rich forests, sparkling lakes and cool weather. This phenomenal landscape is often compared to remarkable Switzerland. The region has 8 of Uganda’s 10 National parks, making it biologically more diverse than any other. The combination of birdlife, endemic primates, scenic landscapes and savannah wildlife forms an enduring spectacle of life forms that offer both nature and pleasure.
The tour sets off with Kibale Forest National Park to track the Chimpanzees and observe plenty of primates, continues to Queen Elizabeth National park for big game safaris, thereafter proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for the ultimate Gorilla experience after which you will wind up with a relaxing safari in Lake Mburo National Park where plenty of herbivores are observed grazing in the beautiful savannah grasslands. While in Kibale National Park (the primate capital of the world,) you have a chance to see the 13 primate species that are found within the area as well as an array of birdlife. On reaching Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will have scenic views of wildlife and nature with the highlight of the tree-climbing lions as well as a boat cruise on the Kazinga channel. Thereafter, you will be welcomed by the mist blanketed forests of Bwindi Impenetrable National park that are home to 459 mountain gorillas. Shortly after that, you will do gorilla trekking after which you will be transferred to Lake Mburo National Park for more scenic views of wildlife.
This 7 Day Best of Uganda Safari Western Region offers ultimate adrenaline activities ranging from chimp trekking, game viewing, boat cruises, and most importantly gorilla trekking. You will have cultural experiences during which you will have a taste of the traditional African man’s activities. Be sure to take photos on this primate and wildlife safari!
- Day 1: Transfer from Entebbe to Kibale Forest National Park & Nature Walk through Bigodi Wetlands in the Afternoon
- Day 2:Chimpanzee Tracking in Kibale Forest & Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 3:Morning Game Drive through Kasenyi Savannah Plains, Boat Safari on Kazinga Channel in the Afternoon & Scenic Crater Drive
- Day 4:Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park with a Stopover at the Ishasha Sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park & Game Drive on the Look-Out for the famous "Tree-Climbing Lions"
- Day 5:Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 6:Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park, Boat Cruise on Lake Mburo & Game Drive in the Afternoon
- Day 7:Morning Game Walk & Transfer to Entebbe with a Stopover at the Equator Line